||Manor Downs Schooling Races Set for Wednesday,
On Wednesday, February 18th, Manor Downs will
be conducting schooling races for two-year old and three-year old non-starter
Quarter Horses. Entries will be limited to 60 Quarter Horses, two-year
olds preferred. Entries for three-year old non-starters will be taken
if there are not enough two-year old entries. No Thoroughbreds.
Following is important information about the schooling races:
- Distance of 250 yards
- Maximum for 5 starters per schooling race
- Maximum of 12 schooling races
- Horses will be brought thru the paddock to be saddled or re-saddled
- Two-year-olds and three-year-olds will run in separate heats
- Head your own horses with licensed trainers or assistant trainers.
Manor Downs will not provide headers. Licenses will be checked at the
- Use licensed jockey or exercise riders. Manor Downs will not provide
jockeys. Licenses will be checked at the starting gate.
Entries will be taken on a first-come/first serve basis in the Manor
Downs Racing Office starting at 10:00 a.m. Monday, February 16th. Entries
will be open until 3:00 p.m. or when all heats are full which ever comes
first. Overnight will be available by 4:00 p.m.
To enter a horse in the schooling races, all of the
following must be provided:
- Copy of the horse’s foal papers
- Name of trainer
- Name of the person who will be riding the race
- Headers must wear helmets
- Jockeys must wear helmets and vests
- No Whips for the first 50 yards
- All horses entering the grounds must have an ORIGINAL health certificate
and CURRENT Coggins upon their arrival or they will not be permitted
on the grounds.
- First post 1:00 p.m.
- 15 minutes between races
- The track will be renovated after every 4th race
- $50 payment due in the Racing Office by 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday,
February 18th. No Refunds! No Payment – No Race.
- A copy of the foal certificate is required to be on file in the Racing
Office as papers will be used in paddock identification. This is the
trainer’s responsibility to prior to entries, and your horse will
NOT run without papers on file.
- Obtaining a header, rider and pony person and their fees are the
responsibility of the trainer.
- All personnel are required to have a current Texas Racing Commission
license. No one will be allowed on the grounds without one.
- Tattoo Technician is scheduled to be on the grounds around 9:00 a.m.