||Nobles, Carden and Windham Elected to HBPA Board
Connie Nobles, current president of the Texas Horsemen's Benevolent and
Protective Association (THBPA) and chairperson of the Texas Horsemen's
Partnership (THP), and K.C. Carden have been re-elected to the THBPA Board
of Directors for another three-year term. TQHA and AQHA past president
Jerry Windham was also elected to the Board of Directors for the THBPA.
The board is expected to meet in a couple of weeks to install the new
directors and elect officers for the coming year.
The new Board of Directors will be comprised of the following individuals:
- Ted Abrams, Houston, Texas
- Brad Bolen, San Angelo, Texas
- K. C. Carden, Elgin, Texas
- Dr. Tommy Hays, Elgin, Texas
- Jim Helzer, Vice President, Arlington, Texas
- Darrell L. Hooper, Carrollton, Texas
- Connie Nobles, President, Houston, Texas
- Tiffany Tobias, Athens, Texas
- Jerry Windham, College Station, Texas
"I am honored to be re-elected by the horsemen,
and I look forward to working with the new board," stated Nobles. She
continued, "2001 was a challenging year for our industry, but I expect
good things for Texas horse racing next year."