|Grade 1, $500,000 Estimated Dash For Cash Futurity Trials Draw 128 Entries in 13 Races Saturday at Lone Star Park
(Grand Prairie, Texas - Wednesday, September 21, 2011) - Saturday night’s trials for the Grade 1, $500,000 Estimated Dash For Cash Futurity, attracted 128 juveniles that will compete in 13 time trials at Lone Star Park. The top 10 fastest times qualify for the final, to be run at 400 yards, Saturday, October 8.
Entries of note in the Dash For Cash Derby Trials include:
- In race one, Sammy James, owned by Isabell Charolais and trained by Trey Wood, has won three of four starts, including the $276,609 Mountain Top Futurity at Ruidoso June 12. Ricky Ramirez, who is seeking his fourth consecutive riding title at Lone Star Park, will ride the sorrel son of Jesse James Jr. Wood is out to secure his third straight training title.
- Race four features Lotta Love for Robyn, owned by Wayne Barton and trained by John Bassett. A daughter of First Down Dash, sire of Tempting Dash who set a track record in winning the Dash For Cash futurity in 2009, Lotta Love for Robyn is seeking her first career win after four starts but she was a strong fourth place finisher in the Grade 1, $2,400,000 All American Futurity at Ruidoso September 5. Saul Ramirez, Jr. has the mount.
- Back in the Pack will compete in race five. Owned by Reliance Ranches LLC & Debra Gotovac, and trained by Brad Bolen, the brown daughter of Corona for Me enters the trials on a three-race winning streak, including the $75,000 All American Juvenile Stakes at Ruidoso September 5. Her most recent defeat was a second place finish in the Grade 1, $500,000 Ruidoso Futurity June 12, a race where she finished in front of Ochoa, winner of the Grade 1 $2,400,000 All American Futurity at Ruidoso. Back in the Pack has won four of seven starts for $119,248. Regular rider Cody Wainscott will be aboard.
- In race eight, Sizzlin Cartel, owned by J. E. Jumonville, Jr. and trained by Priscilla Ortiz, will attempt to notch his fourth consecutive victory. The bay son of Corona for Me most recently won the Grade 2, $297,077 Firecracker Futurity at Delta Downs July 2. Sizzlin Cartel has a race record of three wins from five starts with $199,475 in earnings. Gilbert Ortiz, husband of Priscilla Ortiz, is in the irons.
- Another being sent out by trainer Trey Wood and rider Ricky Ramirez is Lethal Volt in race 10. A bay son of Volcom, Lethal volt has won two of five starts for $132,000, and in his latest start he finished fifth in the Grade 1 $2,400,000 All American Futurity at Ruidoso.
- Jls Party Wagon highlights race 11. Owned by Jorge Haddad and trained by Darrel Soileau, the brown son of Pyc Paint Your Wagon has won two of four starts for $116,057, including the Grade 3, Harrah’s Futurity at Louisiana Downs March 19. Orlando Baldillez has the call.
The 13-race slate has a first-race post time of 6:35 p.m. Post time for the 13th and final trial is scheduled for 11:23 p.m.