|139 Entries Fill 14 Races for Grade 1, $1 Million Estimated Texas Classic Futurity Trials This Saturday at Lone Star Park
(Grand Prairie, Texas - Thursday, October 18, 2012) - Saturday night's trials for the Grade 1, $1 million estimated Texas Classic Futurity, annually the richest horse race run in Texas, attracted 139 entries in 14 races. The fastest 10 qualifiers will compete in the final, to be run at 400 yards, Saturday, November 10, closing night of the 2012 Fall Meeting of Champions for Quarter Horses at Lone Star Park.
Entries of note in the Texas Classic Futurity Trials are:
- Race one features Lota Pyc, trained by Rodney Reed, winner of the $720,000 Remington Park Oklahoma Bred Futurity at Remington Park April 14. The colt by Pyc Paint Your Wagon is a perfect four for four with earnings of $310,978.
- In race two is this years winner of the Grade 1, Heritage Place Futurity, Bp Cartels Alibi, trained by Trey Wood. The colt by Corona Cartel has three wins and one third from five lifetime starts with a bankroll of $532,335. Lone Star Park's current leading rider, Ricky Ramirez, has the mount.
- Trained by Javier Noel Contreras, Dash for Coronas, winner of the Grade 2, Oklahoma Futurity at Remington Park on March 17, drew into the fifth race tonight. The colt by Coronas Leaving You competed in the Dash for Cash Futurity trials here on September 15, but because of a troubled start, did not qualify.
- Race seven features another colt by Pyc Paint Your Wagon, Pyc Kant Katch Me. The Judd Kearl trainee is also a perfect four for four with earnings of $80,693. Jockey Rodrigo Vallejo has the riding assignment.
- In race 12, Thequeenhasgonenuts, trained by Cindi Keeton, finished second in the Grade 2, Sam Houston Futurity on April 14. The filly by Hadtobenuts also qualified for the Grade 1, Heritage Place Futurity, but was fractious in the gate and only finished seventh. Since then, she put in a stellar performance here winning an allowance race October 6 by one and three-quarter lengths. Her record is 5-3-1-0 with earnings of $134,458.
There are 14 Texas Classic Futurity Trials scheduled for Saturday night with first-race post time scheduled for 6:35 p.m. (CDT).
On The Track: More live racing action Thursday, Friday and Saturday, October 25, 26 and 27, 2012. Featured races of the week will be the TM Fred Arabian Stakes on Friday, October 26, and the RG3, B. F. Phillips Stakes on Saturday, October 27, 2012.
Remember that every Thursday night is Senior Citizens’ Night and Military Discount Night. All senior citizens, age 62 or older with a valid I.D., or members of any branch of the military, with a valid military I.D., receive free general admission.
Pepsi Can Offer every Thursday. Bring any Pepsi can to Lone Star Park and receive a Pepsi track pack good for One (1) Free General Admission and One (1) Free Large Pepsi. This offer is only available in the Grandstand for live racing.
At The Bar & Book: Join us each Monday through Friday from 4-7 p.m. for Happy Hour. Included are $3 well drinks and $2 select domestic drafts!
Thursday nights at the Bar & Book come play in the World Poker Tour Amateur Poker League. Two sessions each Thursday, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. and it’s free to play! Mutuel vouchers awarded weekly, monthly and annually.
Star Player Rewards members will receive a Free $5 Wager on Saturday, October 20! Simply visit any Star Player Rewards kiosk that day to print your voucher.*
*Voucher will print immediately after swiping card.